Making changes/improvements to your home or property?

An ACC Request is a request to make changes to the exterior of your home or yard. ACC stands for Architectural Covenant Changes. The committee that oversees the approval of the request are called Architectural Control Committee (ACC) or Architectural Review Committee.

Many HOAs require approval to make exterior changes on your home or yard to make sure the changes will flow within the association. To be on the safe side, don’t change anything on the outside of your home or property before receiving approval because it could lead to a fine or you having to remove the change.

Exterior changes include but are not limited to: house color, major landscaping changes, roof color, fences, tree removal, etc.

The first step to submitting an ACC request.

Fill out a ACC Request Form scan and upload online. Be sure to also include the additional files required and upload these online to begin the process. You must be logged in to your Homeowner portal to submit your Architectural Review

Submitting application for review to the architectural review committee: The application includes the specifications of the property and the request for modifications and improvements. Details may include pictures, architectural plans, permits and surveys. It may also simply be a written letter from the homeowners containing all of the required information.

Committee Review: The architectural committee reviews applications. Based on the operation rules and fiduciary responsibility to the association, committees review the application with set guidelines. If variations are allowed in certain circumstances, the committee will review the plans and determine whether or not the proposal meets the necessary standards.

Decision: Once the architectural review committee has reached a decision, they submit their recommendation to HOA Management Services for final approval/disapproval. HOA Management Services will inform howeowner in writing of the ACCs decision. Please note there is up to a 30 day time frame for the process to complete. However in many cases the homeowner is given a response much sooner.

What Is a Plat Map?

A plat map, also known as a “plat,” shows you how a tract of land is divided into lots in your county. It is drawn to scale and records the land’s size, boundary locations, nearby streets, flood zones, and any easements or rights of way.

A plat map is required if a piece of land is to be subdivided into lots for building homes or if the land is to be made into a public-access location, like a park. This map is also typically included in the paperwork you get when you buy a home.

If your deed uses subdivision lot numbers to describe your land, then it’s been platted. But if your deed uses geographical references—also called “metes and bounds”—to describe the size and shape of your property, then it hasn’t been platted.